(EVERYBODY’S TALKIN’ ABOUT) DC COMICS-THE NEW 52, TUESDAY AFTERNOON (ET) EDITION
Tue, 08/30/2011 - 1:00pm
This afternoon, we’re going to take a look at what the comic book trade press is saying about JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 and The New 52 – including their interviews with some of the talented people behind the launch.
* ICV2 featured a three-part piece on The New 52 – featuring interviews with DC Entertainment Co-Publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee, conducted in advance of San Diego Comic-Con. Said DiDio: “Our numbers are up in the mass market over-all in conjunction with graphic novel sales.” Check them out here: Part One, Part Two, Part Three.
* COMIC BOOK RESOURCES showcased a Comic-Con video interview with BATWING and CATWOMAN writer Judd Winick, who discusses his extensive research for the BATWING book and the timeless appeal of CATWOMAN. Also featured is an interview with writer Paul Jenkins about redefining Deadman in DC UNIVERSE PRESENTS.
* Newsarama offered a comprehensive primer on The New 52 as whole, and also served up some interviews with the writers behind the various series – including writer J.T. Krul (Captain Atom) and Paul Cornell (DEMON KNIGHTS).
* Comic Vine offered their own perspectives and interpretations of the new Batgirl pages that debuted in the NY Post, while writer Scott Lobdell (TEEN TITANS, SUPERBOY) provided some insider insights on the launch.
* ComicBook.com listed the five things they love most about The New 52 – including greater ethnic diversity, more women, day-and-date digital releases and DC’s confidence in the launch.
There’s more rolling in by the minute, and we’re expecting even more once JUSTICE LEAGUE hits the shelves. Stay tuned.