American Icons Sears®, Superman Join Forces in MAN OF STEEL™ Movie Integration
Only Shop Your Way℠ Members Get Exclusive First-Look at Advance Film Footage, Collectible Superman Comic Book, MAN OF STEEL-Themed Sweepstakes
Sears and Warner Bros. Pictures have teamed up on a retail theatrical integration for one of the most anticipated movies of the summer – MAN OF STEEL™ – which features a Sears store and Sears brands woven into the film’s storyline. Off-screen, Sears Shop Your Way Rewards members will benefit from the collaboration via shopping perks and privileges, including an exclusive first-look at footage from the film, a limited-edition Superman comic book from DC Entertainment and the chance to participate in a variety of MAN OF STEEL sweepstakes.
“Sears and Superman are two iconic brands that embody American culture,” said Imran Jooma, executive vice president & president of marketing, online and financial services for Sears Holdings. “As the needs of our members and our customers have changed, Sears has responded with new and better products and services inspired by a spirit of genuine quality and honest values. We’re also proud to showcase Sears in MAN OF STEEL because it celebrates the original Superman – Dad – in time for Father’s Day.”
The Shop Your Way/MAN OF STEEL member perks and privileges are featured at shopyourway.com/manofsteel and include:
- Access to film footage – Starting May 30, Shop Your Way Rewards members will be the first to see exclusive, never-before-seen footage from MAN OF STEEL at shopyourway.com/manofsteel. In the weeks following the movie’s release, members will be able to view additional content from the movie, giving fans another inside look at the film.
- Free comic book* – All Star Superman #1 in both print and digital comic formats from DC Entertainment, featuring an exclusive new cover, is free to members with any store purchase starting Sunday, June 9, at the height of the Father’s Day shopping season. Each limited-edition print comic book will have a coupon valid for $10 in Shop Your Way points when a member spends $50 or more on a qualifying purchase in-store June 16-30.
- Shop Your Way/“Man of Steel” sweepstakes+ – Members can enter several MAN OF STEEL sweeps (no purchase necessary), with prizes that include a Superman fan’s dream trip for two to Warner Bros. Studio for a behind-the-scenes VIP tour; Craftsman tool boxes that were actual authenticated props used in the production of MAN OF STEEL; signed and numbered prints of the original DC Comics art featured on the Sears comic book cover; and more.
The director of MAN OF STEEL, Zack Snyder, said, “We wanted to ground Superman in a reality that the audience could understand, with iconic American locations, like Sears, to make the film feel as authentic as possible.”
Key scenes in MAN OF STEEL take place in downtown “Smallville” that features a Sears store. Fans may also spot vintage Kenmore appliances in the Kent family’s kitchen, Craftsman tools in the Kent’s family barn and products from both brands in the Smallville Sears store.
This is Something Super
Hero-worthy shopping conveniences that Sears Shop Your Way Rewards members and customers will enjoy as they shop for the “Superman” (Dad, of course) in their life include: buy online, pick-up in-store in five minutes or less guaranteed; a ship-to-home shopping option; and the best deals whether shopping online at Sears.com or from a mobile app or tablet. In fact, Sears is featuring several “Man of Steel”-inspired gifts for Father’s Day, including:
- Suit-up like Superman with the blue NordicTrack® performance polo for $9.99 (reg. $34.00), members get $5 in points
- Spruce up his getaway car with Meguiar’s Gold Class car care kit for $14.99 (reg. 24.99), bonus members get $5 in points
- Help him save the day with the Craftsman 8-in. Max Axess Locking Wrench for $19.99 (reg. $24.99)
- Help Dad become a hero of the grill with the red Kenmore® 4-burner gas grill for $299.99 (reg. $399.99)
- Watch high-flying adventures on the RCA 42” class LED/DVD combo 1080p HDTV, special member pricing of $299.99 (reg. $549.99)
- Light up the night with the Agio "Bella Luna" Lighted Patio Collection for $1,299.99 (reg. $2,499.99)
Honoring Real Heroes At Home
As part of the sixth annual Heroes at Home renovation and fundraising campaign with Rebuilding Together, Sears will host a special MAN OF STEEL rebuilding event in San Bruno, Calif. on June 6. Sears volunteers will don a special MAN OF STEEL T-shirt and renovate a historic American Legion post that serves 180 families. Thanks to donations by Shop Your Way Rewards members, customers and associates, the Heroes at Home program has raised more than $17 million since 2007, funding more than 1,300 home rebuilds for America’s military heroes.
For additional information, visit shopyourway.com/manofsteel and follow the conversation on Twitter at #ThisIsSuper. View Sears new “Man of Steel”-inspired shoppable video at youtube.com/sears.
*Limit one comic book per member, while supplies last
+No purchase necessary, see shopyourway.com/manofsteel for full sweepstakes details and rules