I can tell you're keeping secrets from me!
We know that whenever children are involved on Constantine, John takes it extra-personally and tonight’s episode is a special example. Here are this week’s #DCTV Secrets you might be asking about:
- Who is Lillian Axe?
- What's up with Chas and Rene
- Isn't Fennel a plant?
- How old is Felix Faust?
- What's a Karabasan?
Previous #DCTVCONSTANTINE Secrets
- The #DCTV Secrets of CONSTANTINE Episode 1 - "Pilot"
- The #DCTV Secrets of CONSTANTINE Episode 2 - "The Darkness Beneath"
- The #DCTV Secrets of CONSTANTINE Episode 3 - "The Devil's Vinyl"
- The #DCTV Secrets of CONSTANTINE Episode 4 - "A Feast For Friends"
- The #DCTV Secrets of CONSTANTINE Episode 5 - "Danse Vadou"
- The #DCTV Secrets of CONSTANTINE Episode 6 - "The Rage of Caliban"
- The #DCTV Secrets of CONSTANTINE Episode 7 - "Blessed Are the Damned"
- The #DCTV Secrets of CONSTANTINE Episode 8 - "The Saint of Last Resort--Part 1"
- The #DCTV Secrets of CONSTANTINE Episode 9 - "The Saint of Last Resort--Part 2"
Want to carry on the conversation? Jump on #DCTV in Twitter and see what clues others have found.
Don’t delve further into the dark arts if you want to stay spoiler free. But you know you’re going to. You’ve been warned.
Is Lillian Axe a person?
Nope. Lillian Axe is a genuine hard rock band from New Orleans, Louisiana and their appearance on Constantine is spectacular, to say the least. Since NOLA is part of John’s stomping grounds, it makes sense that he’d be out on the town to see a local band.
Chas and Rene 4ever?
Another big nope. Though the couple’s relationship once ran hot, it’s certainly cold now. In the comic books it has a lot to do with John Constantine, and a little bit to do with the demon Nergal’s temporary possession of Chas. Even after he was saved, little bits of Nergal remained to drive a permanent wedge between the lovers. Find out more in Hellblazer Presents: Chas-The Knowledge.
You can cook Fennel but you can’t eat it… er… him.
Fennel is a medium friend of John’s. And by medium, we mean someone who can communicate with the spirit world. Fennel appears as a conduit to deeper evil in the storyline that inspired parts of this episode. See him work his magic in John Constantine Hellblazer: All His Engines.
Felix Faust has been around for a while.
This villain first appeared in the pages of Justice League of America #10 in March of 1962. This evil magician has sold his soul for power time and time again, but always to no avail. He’s played roles in the events of Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis, and has even been a member of the Secret Society of Super Villains.
His current comic book whereabouts are unknown, but he was recently spotted in the pages of Justice League Dark where he comes up against, wait for it…
Beware the Karabasan
Tonight’s special guest star is a nasty monster drawn from Middle Eastern lore. It’s known as the Sleep Demon and it makes perfect sense that a creature like this would take advantage of the coma spell that Faust casts to… feed. Sleep well!