JUSTICE LEAGUE Movie Photo Covers, DARK NIGHTS: METAL and Evil Batmen from the Dark Multiverse Will Have Fans Lining Up Early for These Prized, Hot-Ticket Items
BURBANK, CA (October 3, 2017) – DC Entertainment is teaming up once again with Graphitti Designs at New York Comic Con to bring fans an unbelievable collection of comics featuring exclusive variant photo cover art of the highly-anticipated Warner Bros. Pictures film “Justice League,” as well as highly sought-after cover artwork from DC’s smash event of 2017, DARK NIGHTS: METAL. These variants won’t be available anywhere else except at New York Comic Con.
Beginning on Thursday, October 5 Graphitti Designs will have two locations -- booth #1744 in the main exhibit area and a second area in the DC booth at the South Concourse – where NYCC fans can get their pick of these one of a kind items, all of which feature some of DC’s hottest storylines. All issues include silver foil treatment on the covers, are bagged and boarded for protection, priced at $15 each and available in limited quantities.
This year’s title lineup includes:
- JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #15 – the “Crisis in the Microverse” story arc continues with the discovery of this sub-atomic realm by Ray Palmer, the original Atom! Written by Steve Orlando with art by Felipe Watanabe, this issue includes a special silver foil photo cover featuring the cast of the highly anticipated Warner Bros. Pictures film, “Justice League.”
- WONDER WOMAN #31 – Featuring a photo cover of Gal Gadot, star of the smash hit Warner Bros. Pictures film “Wonder Woman” and the highly anticipated “Justice League,” WONDER WOMAN #31 spins out of the pages of DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH and JUSTICE LEAGUE: DARKSEID WAR. Writer James Robinson and artist Carlo Pagulayan will explore the mystery of Jason, Wonder Woman’s brother!
- AQUAMAN #28 – The finale to the “Underworld” story arc features a photo cover of Jason Momoa, who portrays the King of the Seven Seas in the highly anticipated Warner Bros. Pictures film “Justice League.”
- BATMAN #32 – Known now to fans worldwide as “the proposal,” the Dark Knight makes the ultimate proposition to one of his fiercest foes, Catwoman! This issue features a photo cover with silver foil treatment of Ben Affleck as Batman from the highly anticipated Warner Bros. Pictures film “Justice League.”
- BATMAN: WHITE KNIGHT #1 – The debut issue of this seven-part miniseries casts a no longer psychotic Joker in the role of “hero,” dedicated to ridding Gotham City of its greatest villain: Batman! This convention exclusive features a variant cover by writer/artist Sean Gordon Murphy.
- DARK NIGHTS: METAL #1 and #2 – The first two issues of writer Scott Snyder and artist Greg Capullo’s headbanging, face-melting epic have debuted to incredible sales and critical acclaim! If you missed either one, New York Comic Con is your chance to get in on the thrills and excitement of the first two issues, each featuring a silver foil treated cover and art by fan-favorite artist Jim Lee.
- BATMAN: THE RED DEATH #1 – Revealed in issue #2 of DARK NIGHTS: METAL, this evil hybrid of the World’s Greatest Detective and the Fastest Man Alive is one of several creatures loosed from the Dark Multiverse to invade our world! This METAL one-shot features a special silver foil cover with art by Riccardo Federici.
- BATMAN: THE MURDER MACHINE #1 – If you’ve ever wondered what would happen if you crossed Batman with Cyborg’s combination of cutting tech and Apokalips-based science, wonder no longer. Riccardo Federici provides a painted, silver foil cover to this one-shot featuring the hellish, high-tech version of the Dark Knight, straight from the pages of DARK NIGHTS: METAL
- BATMAN: THE DAWNBREAKER #1 – This DARK NIGHTS: METAL one-shot spotlights a nightmarish version of Batman wielding one of the most powerful weapons in the DC Universe! Featuring a special painted cover by Riccardo Federici with silver foil accents, The Dawnbreaker may be the toughest and most unyielding of the evil Dark Knights, combining the intelligence and resourcefulness of Batman with the raw willpower of Green Lantern!
Download the DC All Access mobile app for a complete list of panels, behind-the-scenes coverage and in-depth interviews directly from DC’s web series, “DC All Access.” The app is available for free at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
For more information about DC, Vertigo, MAD Magazine or DC’s Young Animal, visit the website, www.dccomics.com.
About DC Entertainment:
DC Entertainment, home to the iconic brands DC (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, the Flash, etc.), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables, etc.) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating across Warner Bros. and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is one of the largest English-language publishers of comics in the world.