DC UNIVERSE: THE ULTIMATE HOLIDAY BINGE-WATCHING DESTINATION ANCHORED WITH THE SEASON FINALE OF ORIGINAL SERIES TITANS ON DECEMBER 21
NEW TRAILER TEASES DARK HEROES, UNLIKELY VILLAINS, AND ….A BATTLE WITH BATMAN?
‘REIGN’ IN THE NEW YEAR: DC ANIMATED MOVIES WILL BE AVAILABLE DAY-AND-DATE WITH 4K AND BLU-RAY COMBO PACK BEGINNING JANUARY 29 WITH REIGN OF THE SUPERMEN
Just in time for the Titans Season Finale: Nearly 50% off for a limited time!
To further brighten the holiday season, it was announced that new DC Universe animated movies will be available on DC UNIVERSE on the same day as each title’s 4K and Blu-Ray Combo pack release. New DC animated movies coming in 2019 include Reign of the Supermen, Justice League vs The Fatal Five and Batman: Hush. Reign of the Supermen will be available January 29, other dates will be announced closer to their availability.
Get ready for ‘Binge Hero’ status
The Titans finale unlocks the ability to binge all episodes from season 1, and that’s just the beginning. A new DC UNIVERSE content line-up kicks off in December and January that will have fans reveling in the hope and redemption of their favorite DC Super Heroes. A subscription to DC UNIVERSE is the ideal way to break-in new devices gifted and received over the holiday season. Among the fan-favorites are additions Green Lantern: The Animated Series, one of the most requested series on the platform, available on January 1 and a binge-worthy selection of Batman content including the live-action features Batman (1989), Batman Returns, Batman Forever and Batman & Robin
50% off Holiday Promotion
To celebrate the Titans finale and the slate of new content, DC UNIVERSE is offering nearly 50% off membership for U.S. subscribers for a very limited time. The first three months of membership are available at $3.99/month for 3 months or subscribe for a full year for $59.99 plus taxes, where applicable from 12/13-12/20 at dcuniverse.com/join. It’s not too late to catch up on all the action before the final episode of Titans streams on December 21 or binge watch the full season after the final episode airs.
Coming Soon to DC UNIVERSE
Here’s an overview of the new content that’s perfect for DC Super Hero Binging through January:
And, if that’s not enough content to get you through the holidays, DC UNIVERSE will also share holiday cheer with its first-ever Holiday Yule Log, set for release the week of December 17, and available through the holidays. You’ll need to pay attention because Santa won’t be the only one dropping by - keep an eye out for season’s greetings from some of DC’s most famous Super Heroes and Super-Villains.
DC Daily, the news show that covers all things DC, will celebrate the season by showcasing some iconic characters and costumes from Mr. Freeze and the emperor penguins to the Catwoman and Batman suits from The Dark Knight Rises, plus many more. Watch for holiday themed sets, surprises and rare treasures never before seen outside the film productions they starred in. Plus a surprise from the Warner Bros. Archives to be unveiled on December 21.
From December 14 - 24 DC UNIVERSE members have a chance to participate in 10 days of gifts directly from their favorite characters. Ten lucky winners will have the chance to win one of 10 unique mystery prizes, to be revealed each day, featuring DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains such as Batman, The Joker, Swamp Thing, Wonder Woman, The Flash, and more.
Fans Engage Beyond Streaming Video
After just three months since its debut, DC UNIVERSE’s first original series, Titans, has been viewed by 97% of members.
While video content is popular, members are also engaging almost equally with comic books with 2.7 million comics read to date. Time spent across community forums, daily news and the character encyclopedia demonstrate that the service provides a meaningful platform for many kinds of fan engagement.
“This early glimpse at how our members are engaging with DC UNIVERSE points to why fans joining the digital service are not just video viewers; they are reading comics, participating in the community, and winning rewards on a service that allows them to not only stream exciting series and movies but share their fandom in a place that is all their own,” said Sam Ades, senior vice president and general manager, DC Digital Services.
Fun Facts and Fan Engagement by Activity
- Young Justice Seasons 1 and 2 top the charts as among the most-viewed content on the digital subscription service.
- 97% of members have watched the exclusive original Titans.
- Batman: The Animated Series (HD) and Teen Titans are also among the most popular series currently available from the DC library.
- 208 DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains appear across the 93 episodes of Super Friends – all nine seasons are available exclusively on DC UNIVERSE.
- Over 2.7 million comic books have been read to-date – the most popular is The New Teen Titans #1.
- DC UNIVERSE members are reading comics that relate directly to the video content they are viewing with Nightwing, Teen Titans, Young Justice and Robin: Year One among the top 10 titles.
- Over 50,000 users voted in the re-creation of the famous “Should Robin live or die?” poll. And this time, fans decided he should live!
- 6,000+ discussions on Batman theories, favorites, powers and portrayals are currently happening in the DC UNIVERSE Community.
- DC Daily is among the most-watched programs on a daily basis.
- DC Daily has released a new episode every weekday since launch, with 64 episodes to-date and counting; guests have included Kevin Smith, Minka Kelly, Brian Michael Bendis, Caity Lotz, Jesse Rath and Paul Dini to name a few.
- The DC UNIVERSE Encyclopedia has over 250 entries, including multiple entries that cover Aquaman’s pets: Topo, an Atlantean octopus, Tusky, an unnaturally intelligent walrus, and Storm, Aquaman’s loyal giant seahorse.
- Since going live, DC UNIVERSE has run weekly sweepstakes giving away amazing rewards to members including: a tour of DC, a ride in the Batmobile, a trip to the Aquaman movie premiere, tickets to screenings across the country and hundreds of books, posters, toys and more.
Launched on Batman Day, September 15, 2018, DC UNIVERSE is available today at $7.99 per month or $74.99 annually (plus taxes, where applicable). DC UNIVERSE is available in the U.S. on iOS, Android, Apple TV, Android TV and the Roku platform, as well as the web and mobile web, with more platforms coming soon. To learn more and purchase today, visit dcuniverse.com and follow DC UNIVERSE on social networks including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.