UPDATE: In order for your photo submission to be eligible, please follow the entry requirements as provided in the Official Rules or your entry may be rejected. Entries will be moderated by Sponsor before they are posted every week on Tuesday. If you do not see your entry posted within a week, it may have been rejected for one of the following reasons:
- Twitter/Instagram entries must include both the hashtag #SquadUpContest and the tinylink, SUBJ2Rules@bit.ly/dcsquad
- Entrants must own their photo and it should contain no obvious professional watermarks
- Entries must be suitable for family audiences and for worldwide display on the Internet. For example use of cosplay weapons are fine, but should not be used or depicted in a violent matter
- Only one Suicide Squad character per photo. Group submissions are not eligible The photo must be of yourself in costume, and we will only post one entry per person per character
- All entrants must be 18 or older and residing in the US or Canada (except for Quebec)
Thanks for all of the great Harleys and Jokers, but please remember that you are allowed to submit entries for as many characters as you want!
Still have any questions about the contest and/or your photo entry? Please read and understand the Official Rules or ask us in the comments below.
Usually joining the Suicide Squad involves first becoming a super-villain and getting imprisoned in Belle Reve. But this summer, you’re invited to join Task Force X and embark on a high stakes mission to San Diego Comic-Con… and no, exploding neck implants are not required.
The Squad Up! Suicide Squad Cosplay Contest launches today from DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. and invites you to cosplay as your favorite squad member for a chance to win a trip to San Diego this July for Comic-Con International. Have you always wanted to build a Deadshot mask? Is Harley Quinn your spirit animal? Got a purple alligator-skinned coat in the back of your closet that you’ve been wondering what to do with? Then this contest is for you!
Here’s how it works:
- Assemble a costume based on the look of any of the following characters from Warner Bros.’s upcoming Suicide Squad film: Deadshot, the Joker, Harley Quinn, Colonel Rick Flag, Amanda Waller, Captain Boomerang, El Diablo, Killer Croc, Enchantress, Slipknot and Katana.
- Take a photo of you wearing your costume. Make sure it’s a good quality photo that really shows off your costume!
- Enter using one of the three methods of entry listed here.
You can find the full list of rules and conditions here. Trust us, you’ll want to check them out. After the entry period, fans will be able to vote in two separate rounds and help us choose finalists in each of the character categories. Once we have our finalists, eleven different winners—one for each character—will be chosen.
We expect some heavy competition, but don’t worry, we’re here to help. Below are some tips, as well as a gallery of characters to help with your costumes. Click on the photos to zoom in on them.
Task Force Tips
- Take Your Time, Don’t Rush
- Voting WILL NOT start until the end of the entry period so a late entry has as much chance as an early one
- Make only one entry per character per category, BUT enter in as many categories as you want (go ahead and do a Slipknot, a Captain Boomerang and a Killer Croc, if you want)
- Make your image count
- Make your entry a full body shot and make sure we can see your whole costume
- Be creative! Your costume doesn’t have to be literal to the Suicide Squad movie but it should be faithful to its version of the characters
- Don’t Get Disqualified
- Keep your costume “Con” appropriate –remember, you’ll be showing off this look at San Diego Comic-Con if you win!
- Once voting starts, GET THE WORD OUT!
- Remember, there are two rounds of voting
- Make sure all your friends and supporters are voting and telling others to vote
- Be Bold and Squad Up!
- Reach out to friends or other entrants and create your own Squad and campaign to win together!
Good luck, gear up and we’ll see you in San Diego!