- building the future of super heroes with dc black label
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- Room 6DE
- Moderator: Mark Doyle
- Talent: Greg Capullo, Kami Garcia, Jeff Lemire, John Romita Jr., Scott Snyder
DC Black Label unites the most revered creators in comics to craft epic tales of action and suspense featuring fan-favorite DC characters. Come join the writers and artists of DC Black Label as they discuss their approach to creating new stories of legendary proportions with new angles in superhero mythologies, and how they plan to take these stories to new heights.
- batwoman pilot screening and q&a
- 10:30 am - 11:45 am
- Ballroom 20
Armed with a passion for social justice and a flair for speaking her mind, Kate Kane soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman, an out lesbian and highly trained street fighter primed to snuff out the failing city's criminal resurgence. But don't call her a hero yet. In a city desperate for a savior, Kate must overcome her own demons before embracing the call to be Gotham's symbol of hope. Join cast and producers for a screening of the pilot, followed by a Q&A. From executive producers Greg Berlanti (Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl), Caroline Dries (The Vampire Diaries, Smallville), Geoff Johns (Arrow, The Flash, Titans), and Sarah Schechter (Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl). The cast includes Ruby Rose (Orange Is the New Black, The Meg, XXX: Return of Xander Cage), Rachel Skarsten (Reign, Fifty Shades of Grey, Lost Girl), Meagan Tandy (Survivor's Remorse, UnREAL, Teen Wolf), Nicole Kang (You), Camrus Johnson (Luke Cage, The Sun Is Also a Star), Elizabeth Anweis (Twin Peaks), and Dougray Scott (Taken 3, Hitman, Mission: Impossible 2). Marcos Siega (You, God Friended Me, Blindspot) directed the pilot, for which he also served as executive producer alongside David Nutter (Game of Thrones, Arrow, The Flash). Batwomanpremieres this fall. airing Sundays at 8/7c on The CW and is based on characters from DC and is produced by Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.
- DC Year of the villain
- 11:15 am - 12:15 pm
- Room 6DE
- Moderator: Amy Dallen
- Talent: Scott Snyder, Tom Taylor, James Tynion IV, Josh Williamson
What happens when the villains of the DC universe finally got the upper hand? What kind of chaos will entail? Join the brains behind DC’s Year of The Villain as they take you on this twist of heroism and see what’s to come for the future of our favorite DC heroes. It’s looking pretty evil right now!
- the super heroes of dc
- 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm
- Room: 6DE
- Moderator: Sam Humphries
- Talent: Cecil Castellucci, Adam Glass, Dan Jurgens, Tom Taylor, Robert Venditti, Josh Williamson
DC’s legacy of epic storytelling marches on! The creative talent behind some of DC’s most popular characters are on hand to give behind the scenes details on their stories and how they put their own unique voices to the heroes and villains that DC fans have come to know and love (and hate)!
- DC my secret origin
- 1:45 pm – 2:45 pm
- Room 6DE
- Moderator: Dan DiDio
- Talent: Danielle Paige, Mark Russell, James Tynion IV
Whoever said “the shortest distance between two points is a straight line” definitely wasn’t trying to get into comic books! If you want to find out how some of DC’s most popular talent found their way into the industry, then don’t miss this chance to get an inside look at how some of DC’s top writers and artist broke into the business and ended up creating stories featuring your favorite DC heroes and villains!
- arrow special video presentation and q&a
- 3:30 pm - 4:15 pm
- Ballroom 20
After spending time at Slabside, Oliver Queen wanted to give back to the city that he loves. Since everyone knows his true identity, Team Arrow worked alongside SCPD as vigilantes to help protect the city at all costs. However, last season led to Oliver finding out about Emiko, the bow-wielding assassin and ring leader of the Ninth Circle who also happened to be his half-sister. The season 7 finale saw them fighting for their lives-both in the present and the future. So, what will the state of Team Arrow look like in the show's eighth and final season? For answers to this and more, hear from the cast and producers at their final Comic-Con appearance, and be among the first to learn what this means for Oliver and the rest of his team. From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, Arrow will return to The CW for its final season this fall on Mondays at 9/8c. Arrow: The Complete Seventh Season is available now on Digital and will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on August 20.
- supergirl SPECIAL VIDEO PRESENTATION AND Q&A
- 4:15 pm - 5:00 pm
- Ballroom 20
Season 4 showed that truth, justice, and the American way are stronger than fear and hate, as Supergirl stopped Lex Luthor's anti-alien campaign with the power of the press, no cape required. As the world returns to normal, some things will never be the same now that Lena knows Kara's secret and the Monitor has arrived on Earth 38. Watch, like Leviathan, as new dynamics and relationships unfold for Supergirl and her friends and colleagues as their adventures continue in season 5. Hear from the members of the cast and creative team for a special video presentation, followed by a Q&A where they'll discuss what's to come. From Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, Supergirl 's fifth season will premiere this fall on Sundays in its new 9/8c time slot on The CW. Supergirl: The Complete Fourth Season is available now on Digital, and will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on September 17.
- black lightning SPECIAL VIDEO PRESENTATION AND Q&A
- 5:00 pm - 5:45 pm
- Ballroom 20
Jefferson Pierce (Cress Williams) and his family return to the small screen this fall! At the conclusion of season 2, Lightning (China Anne McClain), along with her father Black Lightning, had seemingly taken down Tobias Whale (Marvin “Krondon” Jones III), as he's exiled to a black site for lockdown. Lynn's (Christine Adams) desire to save the pods almost costs her her life, while Khalil's (Jordan Calloway) and Jennifer's (McClain) relationship seemingly comes to an end once Tobias pulled his coattail-or shall, we say, spine? And we can't forget Anissa, a.k.a. Thunder (Nafessa Williams), who continued to fight her way through Freeland's corruption. Hear from some of the series stars for a lightning round of a season 2 review and a tease of what's to come for season 3! In addition, this supercharged series stars Damon Gupton and James Remar. Based on the characters from DC, Black Lightning is from Berlanti Productions and Akil Productions, in association with Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti, Salim Akil and Mara Brock Akil, and Sarah Schechter. Black Lightning returns this fall to The CW on Mondays (9/8c), with the last two seasons available for streaming on Netflix. Black Lightning: The Complete Second Season will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on August 1.
- DC Cover Art
- 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm
- Room 6DE
- Moderator: Amy Dallen
- Talent: Amanda Conner, Derrick Chew, Terry Dodson, Stanley “Artgerm” Lau, Josh Middleton, Lucio Parrillo
It’s been said that you can’t judge a book by its cover. But DC’s unparalleled storytelling is matched with some of the most dynamic cover artists in comics, so it sure doesn’t hurt! Join superstars Amanda Conner, Derrick Chew, Terry Dodson, Stanley “Artgerm” Lau, Josh Middleton, and Lucio Parrillo as they talk about their favorite characters to draw, what makes a good cover and how that can make fans eager to check out the stories inside.
- the flash SPECIAL VIDEO PRESENTATION AND Q&A
- 5:45 pm - 6:30 pm
- Ballroom 20
Team Flash spent the last year dealing with not one but two Cicadas, the return of Eobard Thawne (a.k.a. Reverse Flash), and the surprise arrival from the future of Barry and Iris's daughter Nora West-Allen, (a.k.a. XS). The stakes were higher than ever during the season 5 finale, which culminated in Barry and Iris losing their daughter after only just getting to know her. How will they deal with saying goodbye to their speedster daughter, and what does Thawne's escape mean for Team Flash? For answers to this and all your other season 6 questions, come and see the cast and creators at their annual Comic-Con panel. From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, The Flash will return to The CW this fall on Tuesdays at 8/7c. The Flash: The Complete Third Season is available now on Digital, and will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on August 27.
- dc universe series sneak previews and q&a
- 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Indigo Ballroom, Hilton Bayfront
DC fans, this is your Universe! DC Universe has established itself as the premium go-to destination for fans of all things DC, and they are just getting started! Spend your Saturday night with select producers and stars from DC Universe's original live-action and animated series and get the latest updates and sneak previews on Titans, Doom Patrol, Harley Quinn and Young Justice: Outsiders .
All signings will be held at the DC Warner Bros. booth (#4545).
Signings marked with an asterisk (**) are Exclusive Signings and will require wristbands. Wristband requests and assignments were part of the pre-show Exclusives Portal administered by Comic-Con International. All fans selcted for an Exclusive Signing were sent notification by Comic-Con International prior to the start of the convention. For more information, please visit Comic-Con International's Exclusive Signings FAQ.
The DC booth will have mulitple signing locations. Signings marked with a "G" will take place at the "Gotham" signing area. Signings marked with an "M" will take place at the "Metropolis" signing area. Exclusive Signings marked with a "C" will take place in the "Central" signing area.
Paul Levitz (G)
Kurt Busiek (G)
DOOM PATROL** (C)
Dan Jurgens (G)
Agnes Garbowska (M)
Monica Kubina (M)
John Romita Jr (G)
Danny Miki (G)
Kami Garcia (M)
Gabriel Picolo (M)
Louise Simonson (G)
Kelley Jones (G)
Scott Snyder** (C)
Greg Capullo** (C)
Gustavo Duarte (M)
Cecil Castellucci (M)
Daniel Watters (M)
Peter Tomasi (G)
Dexter Soy (G)
Danielle Paige (M)
BLACK LIGHTNING** (C)
Derrick Chew (G)
Art Baltazar (M)
THE FLASH** (C)
Adam Glass (G)
Bernard Chang (G)
Sam Humphries (M)
Mark Russell (M)
YOUNG JUSTICE: OUTSIDERS** (C)
Tom Taylor (G)
Tom King** (C)
Mitch Gerads** (C)
The following activites will take place at the DC Warner Bros. Booth (#4545) unless otherwise noted.
- DC GREEN SCREEN PHOTO OP
Strike your best Superhero (or Super-Villain) pose and be part of a scene alongside your favorite characters. This year’s roster includes DETECTIVE COMICS #1000, Batman: Hush, Dark Nights: Metal, DC Super Hero Girls, Young Justice: Outsiders and Doom Patrol!
- HARLEY QUINN ARKHAM ACTIVATION
DC UNIVERSE will take fans into the comically twisted realm of DC’s criminal “queenpin” Harley Quinn with an Arkham Activation that gives visitors an immersive, interactive glimpse into the highly anticipated adult-animated comedy series Harley Quinn.
- DC UNIVERSE MEMBERS EXCLUSIVES
- DC UNIVERSE members will have access to a fantastic line-up of exclusive events and giveaways, including members-only signings, screenings and private gatherings. DCU members will not want to miss out on opportunities such as the premiere of DC Spotlight: Shazam; VIP tickets to Batman’s induction into the new Comic-Con Museum’s Hall of Fame; members-only signing with DC’s Jim Lee; a private yacht brunch with talent; and more. Visit the DCU Redemption Area for more information. Current DCU members will also have the opportunity to collect an original series print every day in the Redemption Area of the booth. New members of DCU who purchase an annual membership onsite and online will receive an exclusive gift set of four limited-edition comic books with new variant covers.
- DC ART ACADEMY AND STAGE DEMOS
The stage in the DC WB booth will be stacked start to finish with art demonstrations, DC Daily live tapings and more. Here's the full rundown of Thursday's stage programming.
11:00 - 11:30 am - DC Universe Online game demo
12:00 - 1:00 pm - DC Daily live taping
1:30 - 2:00 pm - DC Art Academy with Alex Sinclair
2:00 - 2:30 pm - DC Art Academy with Kelley Jones
2:30 - 3:00 pm - DC Art Academy with Dexter Soy
3:00 - 4:00 - Hero Within
4:00 - 4:30 pm - DC Art Academy with Art & Franco
5:30 - 6:00 pm - DC Art Academy with Mitch Gerads
6:00 - 6:30 pm - DC Art Academy with Bernard Chang and Adam Glass
- THE BATMAN EXPERIENCE POWERED BY AT&T
- 9:30 am - 7:00 pm
In celebration of Batman's 80th, DC and AT&T team up to bring fans "The Batman Experience."
The Iimmersive and interactive pop-up will showcase a massive installation of DC props, vehicles, games, costumes and archives at the future home of the Comic-Con Museum in Balboa Park.
Featured elements of THE BATMAN EXPERIENCE POWERED BY AT&T include:
- - The Dark Knight Dive is the centerpiece attraction of THE BATMAN EXPERIENCE and a one-of-a-kind VR skydiving experience into the Gotham City. By combining a skydive booth with the magic of VR goggles and a helmet in the shape of a Batman cowl, gamers and Batman fans will enjoy a 4D interactive experience. Visitors will virtually fly through Gotham City in pursuit of the Scarecrow, who in attempting to take over the city, unleashes his Fear gas and creates a harrowing journey for fans through Batman’s 80 years of friends and foes.
- - The Batcave gaming lounge will feature all generations of Batman video and arcade games straight from the DC archives - examples include Warner Bros. titles such as Batman The Brave And The Bold (Wii or 3DS), LEGO Batman 3 (PS4), Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4) and Injustice 2 (PS4) - and are all available to play as part of THE BATMAN EXPERIENCE.
- - Hundreds of rare pieces of iconic DC comic book art and large-scale film and television props, including several from Tim Burton’s groundbreaking “Batman” film such as the Batmobile and Batsuit worn by Michael Keaton. The original Batman feature film is celebrating its own 30th anniversary this year. Joining these classic pieces will be a new car created by “Wayne Technology” that will give fans a taste of their future entertainment experiences in autonomous cars with 5G.
- - WHAAM! KABOOM! POW! The Rogue Gallery Rumble is an interactive punching bag experience that uses projection mapping and lights to trigger classic and iconic animations and sounds throughout the space.
- - A special 6-foot Batman Black & White Statue designed by acclaimed artist and writer Todd McFarlane will be unveiled on July 17, marking the 100th statue in the line. The one-of-a-kind life-size version of the 100th statue will be displayed throughout SDCC along with the other 99 Batman Black & White figures from DC Collectibles.
- SHAZAM! CHILLADELPHIA WINTER CARNIVAL
- 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Visit the Chilladelphia Winter Carnival in sunny San Diego! At the carnival from the blockbuster film Shazam! guests can play games to win exclusive prizes and pose for some fun photo opps.
Located outside of the Omni San Diego Hotel, 675 L St, San Diego, CA 92101.
- PENNYWORTH VELVET ROPE LOUNGE
- 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Epix and Pennyworth are transporting fans to 1960s London in San Diego’s historic Gaslamp District. The experience will begin with a challenge and fans who figure out the correct password will gain access to the Velvet Rope (a high-society London lounge filled with gambling, drag and cabaret performances, live music from the era), as well as a library that leads to an eerie poetry reading in the posh hidden headquarters of the mysterious Raven Society. The final stop is the Raven Society’s dank dungeon where the membership’s darker deeds present themselves.
The Pennyworth experience will be located inside the Oxford Social Club at the Pendry San Diego Hotel (435 Fifth Ave, San Diego, 92101). The experience will be open to the public from 11am-5 pm on July 18. Those hours expand to 10am-7pm on July 19th and July 20th.