Attention all digital comics readers – there’s a new, featured-filled update for the popular DC COMICS Android and iOS apps. The new update, available for free download today, answers what has been the #1 request from digital comics readers since the launch of the DC COMICS app – social media sharing. Now you can tell your friends on Facebook and Twitter exactly what you’re reading and encourage them to join in reading your favorite comics.
“From the beginning fans told us they loved reading digital comics, but they wanted to share that experience with their friends and now they can,” stated Hank Kanalz, senior vice president of digital, DC Entertainment. “This update will bring the DC Comics app and our digital comics to a much broader audience through social media sharing, and allow users to easily find even more of their favorite comic books.”
The new DC COMICS app update, developed by comiXology, also includes:
- An entirely new design and interface
- Easier search functionality that allows readers to find their favorite comics and characters much faster
- New ways to search and receive suggestions based on ongoing series, characters and specific storylines
- An automatic prompt at the end of each book that takes readers to the next issue of the series
- Complete comic book series are now grouped in both the store and “My Comics” sections making it easier to quickly find specific books