THE GREAT HARLEY QUINN COSPLAYER SHOWDOWN
PROMOTION – OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
ENTERING THIS PROMOTION CONSTITUTES ENTRANTS FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL AGREEMENT TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE JUDGES’ AND/OR SPONSOR’S DECISIONS WHICH ARE FINAL AND BINDING ON MATTERS RELATING TO THIS PROMOTION.
DC Entertainment, 4000 Warner Boulevard, Burbank, CA 91522 ("Sponsor"). “Sponsor and its agents” shall mean DC Entertainment, Warner Bros. Entertainment (“WBEI”) and its advertising/promotional and/or fulfillment agencies and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and their respective employees, officers, directors and agents.
(a) The Great Harley Quinn Cosplayer Showdown Promotion (“Promotion”) is open to (i) all individuals that are registered attendees of the 2015 San Diego Comic-Con Convention. Entrants who are under the age of eighteen (18) years of age ("Minors") must be accompanied by and have their parent or legal guardian’s permission to enter.
(b) This Promotion is (1) void wherever prohibited or restricted by law; and (2) subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Employees and consultants of Sponsor, Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. and their respective parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and advertising and promotional agencies and their respective officers, directors and agents (collectively, the "Promotion Entities") and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter or win.
3. PROMOTION PERIOD.
The Promotion begins July 10, 2015, at 3:30pm, Pacific time (“PT”) and ends on July 10, 2015, approximately, 4:00pm, PT (the “Promotion Period”).
4. HOW TO ENTER.
To enter, entrants must (i) report and be present at Sponsor’s San Diego Comic-Con booth (#1915) on July 10, 2015 no later than 3:30pm PT, dressed in a costume portraying DC Comic’s character, Harley Quinn (“HQ Costume Entry”). Limit one HQ Costume Entry per person.
5. HQ COSTUME ENTRY REQUIREMENTS.
- HQ Costume Entries must also meet the following requirements in order to be considered for finalists’ selection:
- HQ Costume Entry is 50% made or significantly modified from original garments; and
- HQ Costume Entry is worn by the entrant. Entrant may use a model for their HQ Costumer Entry.
- HQ Costume Entries cannot
- defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies;
- endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- infringe the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity (e.g. trademarks, logos, trade dress, or copyrighted materials), or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, or contain any personal identification other than the entrant;
- communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and
- depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify or prohibit the participation of an individual if any entrant fails to comply with any requirement or with any provision in these Official Rules; if the individual’s behavior or communication at any point is disruptive, may or does cause damage or to any person, property, or reputation of Sponsor, or is otherwise not in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. SELECTION OF FINALISTS AND WINNERS.
The selection of the winning HQ Costumer Entries will be narrowed down through a two (2) round process as follows:
- Round 1 (Determining the Finalists): During the Promotion Period, all eligible HQ Costume Entries will be reviewed by a Sponsor-selected judging panel (“Judges”) applying the following criteria: (25% creativity; 25% attitude while wearing the HQ Costume Entry; 25% overall adherence to the Harley Quinn character while wearing the HQ Costume Entry; and 25% overall enthusiasm while wearing the HQ Costume Entry (collectively, “Judging Criteria”) and selecting the finalists (“HQ Costume Finalists”). The exact number of HQ Costumer Finalists will be at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
- Round 2 (Determining the Winners (Grand Prize and Runner-up)): Upon selection of the HQ Costume Finalists, Judges will apply the same Judging Criteria to determine one (1) Grand Prize winner and one (1) Runner-up. In the event of a tie, the Sponsor will break the tie by judging the final two HQ Costume Entries using creativity as the sole judging criteria and breaking the tie to ensure there is one (1) Grand Prize winner and one (1) Runner-up winner.
(a) GRAND PRIZE: Signed copies of HARLEY QUINN VOL. 1 ($24.99) and HARLEY QUINN VOL. 2 ($24.99). Hardcover.
(b) RUNNER-UP PRIZE: Signed copy of HARLEY QUINN VOL. 1. Hardcover. $24.99
Total Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of the Prizes is: $74.97
9. PRIZE CONDITIONS.
The ARV is determined as of date of printing of these Official Rules. Selection and specifics of all Prizes will be determined in the Sponsor's sole discretion. All Prizes are subject to availability. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute cash value or another prize it believes is of equal or greater value. All Prizes are non-transferable. Any prizes remaining after the Promotion Period will not be awarded. To claim a prize, each winner (or winner’s parent or legal guardian if winner is a Minor) is required to meet all eligibility requirements and execute and provide Sponsor with a Release and Publicity Agreement. All Prizes are provided "AS IS" and without WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Acceptance, participation in and/or use of the Prizes are at winners' sole risk and Sponsor is not responsible for any damages whatsoever, including special, indirect, or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use and/or misuse of any such Prize. Sponsor reserves the right to not award all Prizes if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entrants. All applicable taxes, including all federal, state, local and other taxes and any license, destination and delivery charges are the sole responsibility of the winners.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS.
Each Entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court in Los Angeles County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys fees and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and the Sponsor in connection with this Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of California.
Each entrant, by participating in the Promotion, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor and its designees to use his/her name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval.
13. NO AFFILIATION.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Comic-Con International: San Diego, Facebook, or Twitter.
© 2015 DC Entertainment